Covent Garden, located in the heart of London’s West End, is a bustling hub of activity, day or night.
With its vibrant energy, historic architecture, and entertainment, it’s no surprise that Covent Garden is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
Covent Garden comes alive with new energy at night, offering a variety of exciting things to do and see.
From catching a show at the Royal Opera House to enjoy a drink in a rooftop bar, there are plenty of ways to make the most of your evenings in Covent Garden.
So, whether you’re a night owl or just looking for some after-dark entertainment, here are some of the best things to do in Covent Garden at night.
- Watch a show at the Royal Opera House: The Royal Opera House is one of the most iconic landmarks in Covent Garden. It offers a diverse program of ballet and opera performances throughout the year.
- Visit the street performers: Covent Garden is famous for its street performers, who perform various acts, from acrobatics to magic shows. They serve throughout the day and evening, providing plenty of entertainment for visitors.
- Enjoy a drink in a rooftop bar: Several rooftop bars in Covent Garden offer stunning city views at night. Some popular ones include the Radio Rooftop Bar and the Henrietta Hotel Rooftop Bar.
- Explore the nightlife: Covent Garden has a vibrant nightlife scene, with plenty of bars and nightclubs. Some popular ones include The Alchemist, The Escapologist, and The London Cocktail Club.
- Visit the London Transport Museum: The London Transport Museum is open until late on Fridays and offers a fascinating insight into the history of London’s public transport system.
- Dine in one of the many restaurants: Covent Garden is home to a wide range of restaurants serving cuisine worldwide. You’ll find plenty of options if you’re in the mood for Italian, Japanese, or British food.
- Shop at the markets: Covent Garden has several markets open late evening. The Apple Market, in particular, is known for its unique gifts, crafts, and artisanal products.
- Take a night-time stroll: Covent Garden is a beautiful area to explore on foot, significantly when crowds have thinned out at night. You can stroll through the cobbled streets, admiring the historic architecture and soaking up the atmosphere.
- Visit the pubs: Covent Garden is also home to several historic pubs worth visiting. The Lamb and Flag, for example, is a traditional pub that has been around since the 17th century and was once a popular haunt for Charles Dickens.
- Attend a comedy show: The Comedy Store in Leicester Square is just a short walk from Covent Garden and offers nightly comedy shows featuring both up-and-coming and established comedians.
- Watch a movie: The Odeon Covent Garden is a popular cinema that shows blockbusters and indie films. It’s a great way to unwind after a busy day of exploring.
- Take a ghost tour: Covent Garden has a rich history and is said to be haunted by several ghosts. You can take a ghost tour at night to learn more about the area’s spooky past.
Overall, Covent Garden has much to offer at night, with plenty of entertainment, dining, and cultural experiences.